North Lake School Graduation 2020 will not be open to the public
Schools fall under state government guidelines and continue to stay closed to the public even though counties are starting to open up. We have been given special permission to hold an in person graduation for seniors as long as we abide by certain guidelines. The graduates are only allowed immediate family members. We request that you honor these guidelines so that we are allowed to make this day a special event for our senior class.
You can view graduation online on our school Facebook page and YouTube channel.
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/NLAKESD14/
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2AX3WaMF1kcvvneDEgkk_Q
We will start live streaming on Saturday May 30th at Noon
Graduation Information for seniors and their families:
- Graduation will be at 12:00 NOON on May 30th on the front lawn . Graduation this year IS NOT open to the general public.
- Cars will need to park facing directly in to the lawn.
- Park in front of your son/daughters sign.
- State health guidelines which request guests stay in their cars, vehicles contain people living in the same household, no restroom visits, and physical distancing including no handshakes.
- Seniors: Rehearsal at 12:00 noon on Friday the 29th. Denise will provide you with a BBQ lunch since we missed her traditional “Last Day Feast.”
- Please bring your Chromebooks to rehearsal to either return or purchase. If you are purchasing your Chromebook, Janet will take all the school filtering and management off of them and have them ready for you to take after graduation.
Regarding the Ceremony:
- State guidelines direct us to keep it brief.
- It will be live streamed to Facebook and YouTube allowing friends or family members in varied locations to watch.
- It will be broadcast on FM to your car radios. Station to be identified next week.
- We will have photographers present to take photos during the ceremony, while your graduate is receiving their diploma and for family photos after the ceremony. Some packages will be provided free and other packages will be available for you to purchase.
- After the senior class has been presented to you at the end, after they toss the caps – our ceremony will be concluded and you can claim your Graduate for family photos, etc.
- You may also take your Graduate’s sign and gift box as you leave!
- A Noise Parade will take place soon after the ceremony to Christmas Valley Flowerree Park for community events.